Monday, May 10, 2010

two other quilts



Here are photos of two of the four quilts I have compelted recently. One is a crib size variation of a Jacob's Ladder quilt that I made for a friend who had a baby recently. Funny thing is I had started making this quilt for her before her son was born and I had no idea what names they had chosen. Guess what they named him - Harvey Jacob. It was meant to be!

The other quilt (another crib size) is a from a pattern I drafted myself from a picture on the front of the technical book 'Perfect Piecing'. The original quilt was called 'scrapaholic' (inside front cover info). I used a pack of charm squares that I had stashed away and didn't really like anymore. There are five different blocks in the pattern. Anyway, it turned out quite nicely I think (yet to be quilted). OOps, looks like the lens of my camera had something on it, the photo's look a little blurred middle left (it's not the quilts!)

There are two other quilts ready to go off to be quilted as well. I will photograph them when they are done and put them up here for my mum and others to see!

I have started my third block of the Civil War Bride quilt, but did not do much sewing on the weekend - too busy planting 200 Truffle trees (Quercus Robur - English Oak to be precise). I am sore all over!!

Bye for now and thanks for looking!
Willowmere Karen

1 comment:

  1. So many half-square triangles... your quilts are gorgeous! what a nice coincidence that the baby is named Jacob :)

    ReplyDelete